Julian Morgan-Smith is the Piano Technical Manager for Yamaha Music Australia.
Julian offers a range of piano technical services for Melbourne and surrounding areas.
As a graduate of the highly acclaimed Australasian School of Piano Technology (ASPT), Julian is a fully qualified and registered piano technician. The ASPT was operated and taught by renowned concert technician Brent Ottley who introduced a government and industry recognised qualification to raise the standard of piano craftsmanship in Australia. After graduating the ASPT, Julian spent 6 years at Theme and Variations Piano Services working under Australia’s leading Steinway and Sons concert technician, Ara Vartoukian.
In 2018 and 2020 Julian underwent training at the Yamaha Piano Technical Academy in Japan, achieving Grand Master Yamaha Technician status during his most recent course.
Julian has had the pleasure of working with artists and events such as:
- The Australian Chamber Orchestra
- The Sydney Symphony Orchestra
- The Guangzhou Symphony Orchestra
- Hot Chip
- Guns ’n Roses
- The Presets
- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Rufus Wainwright
- Roger Woodward
- Emma Mathews
- Australian International Chopin Piano Competition
- Melbourne International Chamber Music Competition
- Lev Vlassenko Piano Competition and more…
Julian has also had the pleasure of working with the following institutions, tuning and servicing their pianos:
- Charles Darwin University
- Queensland Conservatorium, Griffith University
- Adelaide Town Hall
- Orange Regional Conservatorium
- City Recital Hall Sydney
- Sydney Conservatorium of Music
- Sydney State Theatre
- Australian National Academy of Music
- Monash University
- Melbourne Recital Centre
- Melbourne Town Hall
- Federation Square
- Sidney Myer Music Bowl and more…